Not only are our Overland Park apartments pet-friendly, but one of the many community amenities is a dog park. Dog parks are a great opportunity for your dog to get exercise and socialize with other pups from the apartment community. Here are some etiquette tips to follow when you’re at the dog park.
- Age: Dogs under four months of age should never be taken to the dog park. They are too immature and need very close monitoring around other dogs and in general.
- Clean up: Always clean up after your pups after they use the bathroom. You wouldn’t want others to walk away without cleaning it, so you should follow the golden rule.
- Keep an eye out: It’s important that you keep an eye on your dog at all times while at the dog park. Dogs love playing with each other, but sometimes it can get a bit rowdy, so you need to monitor your dog at all times.
- Treats: You should be careful in using treats at the dog park. You shouldn’t use them while other dogs are around because you don’t want those other dogs to get jealous. Similarly, you should never give treats to a dog that is not yours without asking the owner first.
- Check with the vet: Before you take your dog to the dog park, you should have a veterinarian give them a check up to make sure your dog is healthy enough for a dog park.
Contact us today for your apartment rental needs in Overland Park.Back to all posts